The journal Orvostudományi Értesítő (Bulletin of Medical Sciences) was founded in 1876 by dr. Hőgyes Endre. In the first 63 volumes, by the year 1948, were published 1638 medical articles on 14772 pages. After a forced break, since 1990 the journal is published every year, and since 2002, four issues appear every year. The journal is published by the Medical and Pharmaceutical Section of the Transylvanian Museum Society. The rhythmicity of the issues was respected every year. The journal is accredited by CNCSIS (The National University Research Council) since 2003.
The journal incorporates every medical field (clinical studies, experimental medicine, surgery, dentistry and pharmaceutics). In the journal are published original articles presenting results of scientific research and reviews written upon request of the editorial board. The journal also publishes the best studies presented at the Students’ Research Conference. The only condition for a paper to be published is to meet the high quality standards. The editorial board is composed of professors of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy Târgu Mureş, and since 2007 is widened by outstanding professors from abroad. The articles are published only after a positive expert opinion by our reviewers invited by the editorial board. Most of the experts are professors and lecturers of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy Târgu Mureş.
Our journal presents not only the latest results of Romanian physicians, researchers and teachers, but has a high number of foreign authors. The articles are published in Hungarian, but the Romanian and English abstracts and keywords make the essential information accessible to the whole Romanian and international scientific community. Our journal is increasingly distributed abroad, thus has a growing impact on the international scientific community.